Sunday, August 4, 2013

Singh Tarua 1-0 Rayong United

Mathias Christen struck in first half stoppage time to earn Singh Tarua a scrappy win over Rayong United.

Singh Tarua started with what appeared to be a 4-2-4 formation, but they struggled to get any flow to their play as the first 30 minutes passed by without any incident of note. Leandro possibly had the best chance to score in the opening third, but he miscued a free header wide from six yards.

The game finally burst into life in the 33rd minute when a 30 yard dipping shot from Nithirot hit the crossbar. Singh Tarua then raced up to the opposite end of the park and Kroekrit beat the advancing keeper in a race to the ball, but with the empty net beckoning, the angle was too tight for him as he fired his shot across the goal line.

The decisive strike came in the first minute of first half injury time as Kroekrit played the ball into the box for Christen to slot past the keeper at his near post.

However, the goal failed to ignite any impetus in the home side as Rayong Utd enjoyed a reasonable spell of possession at the beginning of the second half. They had no outlet in the final third so most of their attacks were breaking down as they got close to the Tarua penalty box.

The closest that Tarua came to doubling their lead was just after the hour when Patompat tipped a deflected Ali Diarra header around the post. The keeper injured himself making the save and the game was held up for five minutes as Rayong Utd decided whether or not to sub the keeper. In the end, they didn't. Patompat limped on and so did the game as misplaced passes and poor control continued to be the theme of the match.

Rayong FC made a couple of substitutions in a bid to salvage a point. Saknarin's driven shot forced Watchara to make a sprightly save, and the same player's 25 yard free kick sailed inches over the bar as the 90 minute mark approached.

Byeon Seung Won was given his marching orders deep into injury time for a foul on Leandro. It was embarrassing yet amusing to watch Leandro roll around theatrically and I'm surprised he never injured himself as he was performing his WWE style feigned injury.

It finished 1-0 to Singh Tarua who'll have been pleased with the result but not necessarily the lethargic performance. Rayong United in all honesty were a poor team and I can only see one outcome for them.

Man of the Match: Todsapol Lated

No comments:

Post a Comment