Saturday, August 17, 2013

BBCU 2-2 Krabi

Four goals were shared in the second period as BBCU and Krabi drew 2-2.

There was no sign of BBCU's midweek hero, Bouba Abbo, as the sides lined up, but the sight of 'Bomber' Thanom as the match official suggested it was going to be a lively game.

Within a minute, BBCU could have been ahead, but Nawin couldn't keep his header on target as his effort sailed a couple of yards over the bar.

Krabi then had a couple of chances of their own shortly afterwards. Valci Junior was denied by Pornchai in the fifth minute and Soukhaphone's low drive from the edge of the box hit the base of the post.

The game then lulled until the 37th minute when a 30 yard free kick from Marcio rattled the upright. Seconds later the heavens opened and the fans of the Yellow Blue had to then scramble into the virtually empty covered main stand to their left.

The downpour had eased off by the time the Pink Panthers took the lead two minutes after the restart. A floated free kick from Eduardo Salles found the head of Nawin to open the scoring. The BBCU striker was left unmarked as the Krabi defence were posted missing.

Minutes later, the goalscorer had a good penalty shout knocked back when he was sent tumbling by Ittiphol in the box. By this time, the home side were pressing for a second, and Anusorn had to be alert to tip a Nawin's 25 yard set piece over the bar.

On the hour, Krabi levelled when Jean Michel Liade rose well at the back post to head home Sornchai's cross.

BBCU could have retaken the lead seconds later, but there were no takers after Mongkol had curved an intriguing ball across the six yard box.

Nonetheless, the Bangkok side were back in front midway through the second half when Eduardo Salles curled home a free kick home from inside the D. Anusorn was left rooted to the spot as the Brazilian ran off to celebrate.

Once BBCU had restored the lead, it was just like Wednesday evening's encounter with Singh Tarua all over again as they tried to wind down the clock by wasting time.

Krabi rallied and they were rewarded in the 82nd minute when John Mary equalized with a scruffy goal. In the celebrations afterwards , Ekachai, who had just been subbed, ran over to rejoice with his colleagues. He took his shirt off and was then shown a second yellow card by Thanom. The substituted player was subsequently sent to sit on the naughty step in the front of the main grandstand.

The game finished 2-2 which was probably a fair result. It wasn't a dirty game, but I reckon the yellow card count must have reached double figures. Both sides showed flashes that they could be higher than their mid-table position, yet that's the position where the pair will ultimately finish.

2-2 sending off

No comments:

Post a Comment