Monday, July 1, 2013

Sunday 30 June Review


Army 2-1 BEC Tero
Chainat 1-2 Muangthong Utd
Chonburi 0-0 Osotspa Saraburi
Pattaya 1-3 Police Utd
Ratchaburi 0-0 Samut Songkhram

Muangthong did what they had to do and won 2-1 at Chainat to keep the title race vaguely interesting. A packed Khao Plong Stadium watched Djurovski give MTU a lead via a free kick before Piyaphon scrambled a second. Michael Byrne scored a stunning free kick to reduce the deficit late on.

It was an eventful night at Army as they scored at the death to beat BEC Tero. Nipol pounced to give Army a first half lead. After the interval, Cleiton Silva looked to have levelled but his goal was ruled out for offside. This prompted Tero to stage a walk off before they did eventually level through Apiwan 15 minutes from time. However, they were hit with a sucker punch in injury time as Mongkol finished off a breakaway to win the match for Army.

Pattaya United must be glad to see the back of Leg 1 as another defeat left them rooted to the bottom. The Dolphins were 3-0 down at the break and things got worse at the beginning of the second period when Apinan was ordered off. This prompted an exchange of bottles between rival fans as the game was briefly held up. Order was restored before Dyachenko sweetly volleyed home a consolation.

The matches between Chonburi v Osotspa and Ratchaburi and Samut Songkhram ended goalless. The highlight of the Chonburi match was the final whistle while Koomson was centimeters away from scoring an injury time winner for Samut Songkhram in the western derby.

Division 1

Air Force 1-0 Singh Tarua
Rayong Utd 1-2 BBCU
Saraburi 0-2 Sri Racha
TTM 3-1 Krabi

Air Force's 1-0 win over Singh Tarua moved them onto 40 points and more importantly it gave them a 12 point buffer on fourth place to take into the second leg. The game looked like it was heading for a stalemate until Zezinando scored following some weak goalkeeping.

BBCU have crept back into the promotion picture. They came from behind to win 2-1 at Rayong United with the returning Bouba Abbo netting a 90th minute winner. 

TTM and Sriracha both grabbed vital wins at the bottom end of the table. 152 hardly souls watched TTM come from behind to beat Krabi 3-1. Goals from Wittaya, Niroot and Sohna moved TTM to within touching distance of safety. A Gaston brace gave Sriracha a much needed win and gave them their first success since April. 

No comments:

Post a Comment