Sunday, May 26, 2013

Saturday 25 May Review


Chiang Rai Utd 0-3 BEC Tero
Police Utd 1-1 Osotspa Saraburi
Sisaket P-P Ratchaburi
Songkhla Utd 1-1 Chonburi

Disgruntled Chiang Rai United fans turned on their own coach again after they were humbled 3-0 at home by BEC Tero. A certain percentage of them even cheered when Witchaya scored Tero's third with seven minutes left on the clock. Before that, Cleiton Silva had given BEC Tero a first half lead and Sho Shimoji pounced on a goalkeeping spill to double that advantage. That 3-0 win move BEC Tero up to fourth while CRU remain fourth from bottom.

A Thiagoless Chonburi couldn't find enough in reserve as they had to settle for a point in Songkhla. Elvis Job scored from close range to give Songkhla a 35th minute lead, but a chipped effort from Irfan Bachdim levelled a few minutes later.

It also finished 1-1 at the Thammasart with Sompat salvaging a point for Police Utd right at the death. Lazarus Kaimbi had given Osotspa the lead in first half injury time, but the Saraburi side couldn't hold out to claim their first win in seven outings.

Division 1

Air Force 2-1 Rayong Utd
BBCU 1-1 Nakhon Pathom Utd
Siam Navy 2-2 Bangkok FC
Sriracha 1-1 TTM
Trat 3-3 Phuket

Air Force increased their lead at the top to six points with a 2-1 victory over a Rayong United side that finished the game with 9 men.
Nakhon Pathom United also finished their match with two players less of their initial compliment, yet they managed to grab a point at a faltering BBCU. Camera Souleymane gave NP and early lead with Marcio levelling in first half stoppage time. The Big Bang's misery was complete when top scorer Pichit's second half penalty bounced back off the post. Disappointingly, there were a couple of unsavory incidents to note in this contest. First, it was shameful to observe BBCU's Khitiphop rolling in agony on the ground before suddenly jumping to his feet grinning once his opponent had been red carded. And then, watching Nakhon Pathom's Thanawan remove his shirt to tear into the referee after he had correctly dismissed him for headbutting Marcio. Thai football could certainly do without these couple of characters in their game.

Olof Watson returned to his former stamping ground in Sattahip and netted two off the easiest goals he'll ever score. Siam Navy replied with a couple of spectacular goals as it finished 2-2 between themselves and Bangkok FC.
Holding on to 2-0 leads doesn't seem to be Phuket's strong point as they blew a two goal advantage for the second consecutive weekend. Trat hit the Islanders with a three goal ten minute second half blitz before Giorgi Tsimakuridze grabbed a late equalizer for Phuket.
The points were shared in front of 791 spectators as relegation rivals Sriracha and TTM drew 1-1.

No comments:

Post a Comment