Monday, October 8, 2012

Weekend Review 6-7 October

Chonburi 4-1 BBCU
Muangthong Utd 3-0 Esan Utd
TTM 2-5 Thai Port
Pattaya Utd 1-3 TOT
Police Utd 4-2 Chainat
Chiang Rai Utd 1-0 Bangkok Glass
Samut Songkhran 1-1 BEC Tero
Army 3-3 Buriram Utd
Wuachon Utd 3-0 Osotspa Saraburi

It was a high scoring Saturday with no fewer than 19 goals being shared amongst four matches. A first half Paulo Rangel header followed by a late Guy Hubert own goal and a cool chested effort from Rangel saw Muangthong beat Esan United 3-0. Second placed Chonburi also won by a three goal margin as they saw off BBCU 4-1. After a goalless first half the game sprung to life when Narul prodded home on 55 minutes. Juninho levelled from the spot before BBCU were reduced to 9 men after Kwang-Hoon received his second yellow card - Ekkaraj had already been dismissed in the first half - Goals from Panuwat, Pipob and Therdsak wrapped up the 4-1 victory for Chonburi.

Pattaya United continue to baffle after they threw away a first half lead to lose 3-1 to TOT. With TOT you know they'll graft for 90 minutes and second half goals from Wichen and Ekkachai twice swung it back in favor for TOT despite them finishing with 10 men after Bas Savage was dismissed. TOT now sit in the lofty heights of 5th place.

TTM's 5-2 home loss to Thai Port saw them bite the dust as a TPL side. Two goals from Leonardo Ferreira papered over the cracks as Thai Port blitzed TTM with five different scores getting their names on the scoresheet.

Sunday's action was almost as lively providing eighteen goals from five matches. Police United answered Thai Port's thumping of TTM by beating Chainat 4-2. Three goals in the first half hour ensured that Police ran out comfortably winners.

While we're on the subject of three goal leads, Buriram's one wasn't ample enough as they were pegged back by Army in 10 crazy second half minutes. Anthony Ampaipitakwong's 51st minute strike appeared to have wrapped the game up for Buriam at 3-0 but by the hour Tatree, Lindemann and Alves had scored for Army. There was to be no further scoring although Buriram would have breathed a sigh of relief when Issarapong's injury time shot rebounded off the inside of the post.

Cleiton Silva and Bireme Diouf were on target as Samut Songkhram and BEC Tero shared a 1-1 draw while Wuachon United and Chiang Rai United enjoyed home wins. 

Division 1
Saraburi 1-1 Air Force Utd
Sriracha 2-3 Ratchaburi
Suphanburi 2-0 FC Phuket
Khon Kaen 1-0 Chantaburi
JW Rangsit 3-1 Songkla
Bangkok Utd 1-0 Siam Navy
Korat 0-0 Krabi
Raj Pracha 2-1 PTT Rayong
Bangkok FC 4-2 Phatthalung

Ratchaburi just need one more win from their last four games to book a TPL spot for 2013. Their hard fought 3-2 at Sriracha has the Dragons perched on the brink of promotion. Douglas Gardozo helped himself to another brace as Ratchaburi took the lead three times at Sriracha. The loss was a major body blow for Sriracha but Suphanburi won't have been complaining after their 2-0 home win over FC Phuket opened up a four point gap over the Blue Marlins in fourth. Bangkok United etched out a 1-0 over Siam Navy to remain third. Navy hit the bar twice in the first half but their keeper saw red on the hour before Kornwit scored from the resultant free kick.

The relief felt amongst the Khon Kaen players was immense as their late winner against Chantaburi earned the T-Rex a precious three points. JW Rangsit's second home win of the week kept their outside bid for survival alive. They beat Songkla 3-1 which meant the southern side joined fellow southerners FC Phuket in the bottom 5. Lee Tuck weighed in with a couple of goals as Bangkok FC beat Phattalung 4-2. The win lifts the Bulligans out of the relegation zone level on points with the Swiftlets on 34.

Division 2 Playoffs
Group A
Pattani 1-1 Roi Et Utd
Paknampo NSRU 1-0 Phitsanoluk
Ayutthaya 1-1 Rayong Utd

The opening results in Group A were tight with only NSRU claiming three points.
A header from Jules Brice midway through the second half was the only goal of the game as NSRU beat Phitsanoluk. Sittichai was red carded late in the game for Phitsanoluk which promptly turned Violet Army red. There were some scenes of crowd trouble as the crowd of 2,236 vacated the stadium.
The White Squirrels left it late as they salvaged a satisfactory point at Pattani. Substitute Nolan Murray tapped in five minutes from time to cancel out Pattani's first half lead.
Ayutthaya missed a glut of chances before Soulayman gave Rayong United an 89th minute lead. However a spill from Rayong United's keeper deep into stoppage time allowed Nuttapat to equalize.

Group B
Thai Honda 2-0 Sisaket Utd
Trat 3-0 Trang
Rayong FC 3-2 Chiang Mai FC

The opening round of fixtures in Group B produced three home wins.
Rayong FC raced into a three goal lead against pre-group favorites Chaing Mai FC. The northern champions did pull two goals back but 10 man Rayong held out for an important win.
The other side from the Central/East league, Trat, had a more comfortable opener with a 3-0 win over Trang.
Second half goals from Beckenbauer and Bamba Gaoussou, or "Fadel" which is printed on the back of his shirt, won it for Thai Honda over Sisaket United. It was a slow start from the Lat Krabang club but they improved after the break to run out deserved winners. Sisaket Utd came close on a couple of occasions with headers although they offered very little attacking threat once Thai Honda had taken the lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment