Friday, October 26, 2012

Midweek Round Up 23-25 October

FA Cup Semi Finals
Bangkok Glass 0-2 Buriram United
Army United 2-1 Chiang Rai United

A brace of goals from Goran Jerkovic ensured that double cup holders Buriram proceeded to another cup final. Buriram United beat Bangkok Glass in the Toyota League Cup semis last week and the Thunder Castle were never threatened in this tie as they comfortably brushed aside a toothless Bangkok Glass.

The initial encounter between Army United and Chiang Rai Utd was rained off on Wednesday evening. When the tie did eventually get played 24 hours later, it was Army who prevailed winning 2-1.
It was however Chiang Rai Utd who took the lead moments after the break through a long range shot from Uilian Souza that Watcharapong in the Army goal made a hash of. The Brazilian goalscorer then went from hero to zero as he was red carded after a needless forearm smash on Narong. The dismissal was the turning point and Army levelled midway through the half when Tatree slipped unnoticed into the CRU box. Danny Invincible then scored from close in to give Army a 2-1 lead which they held onto.
The final between Buriram United and Army United will be played on Sunday 4 November at the Supachalasai.

AFC Cup - Semi Final 2nd leg
Chonburi (2) 1-4 (8) Arbil SC

The great comeback never materialized as Chonburi suffered another 4-1 defeat at the hands of Arbil to exit the competition 8-2 on aggregate. The writing was on the wall as early as the 18th minute when Saab Abdulameer got in front of his marker to glance a header home from a corner. Suttinun gave the Sharks a glimmer of hope as he pulled one back shortly afterwards, but two second half goal from Amjed Rahdi killed the contest. To rub salt further into the wounds, Mustapha Ahmad added another to match the 4-1 scoreline of the first leg.
Arbil will now face Kuwait SC in the final on November 3 at the Francouse Al-Hareeri Stadium in Arbil City.

Osotspa Saraburi 3-1 Chonburi

The 3-1 win guarantees a fifth placed finish for Osotspa Saraburi. Noppanon gave the Sharks the lead on the half hour but by 52 minutes the weary Chonburi side were 3-1 down.

No comments:

Post a Comment