Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Midweek Round Up - AFC Cup & FA Cup

AFC Cup Semi Final - 1st Leg
Arbil 4-1 Chonburi

Chonburi were left to rue some poor defending after they lost 4-1 to Arbil of Iraq. The Sharks held plenty of possession and created several chances with the 4-1 victory flattering Arbil.
Amjed Rahdi flicked the home side ahead midway through the first half. Therdsak and Adul hit woodwork as Chonburi rallied and their persistence was rewarded shortly after the interval when Pipob poked home. Disappointingly, Rahdi was left unmarked minutes later as the hosts restored their lead. Suttinan then turned one into his own net before Salih Sadeer was allowed to run unchallenged to let rip a rasping shot past Sinteeweechai.
It was a disappointing result and Chonburi now have to wait three weeks to rectify the situation. In the other semi final, Kuwait FC also enjoyed a 4-1 success beating Al Ettifaq of Saudi Arabia.

FA Cup - Last 8
Army 3-2 Muangthong Utd
Buriram Utd 3-0 BEC Tero
Ayutthaya 1-2 Bangkok Glass
Chiang Rai Utd 3-1 Suphanburi (AET)

Army Utd booked their third successive FA Cup semi final appearance after they beat TPL leaders Muangthong United 3-2. Nipol beat the offside trap to give Army the lead before Teerasil levelled on the stoke of half time. Rangel's tap-in midway through the second half swung the tie the way of the pre-match favorites. However, substitute Lindemann burst through the Muangthong defence to level and an unmarked Tatree hooked home the winner four minutes from time as Muangthong exited a domestic cup quarter final for the second time this season.
Phil Stubbins' first game at the helm of Bangkok Glass ended successfully as they negotiated a potential banana skin by beating Ayutthaya 2-1. First half goals from Anawin and Leesaw saw them overcome their regional league opponents.
The first half between Buriram and BEC Tero was a tight affair, but after the break Buriram scored two quick goals before eventually easing to a 3-0 win.
The tie in Chiang Rai went to extra time with the Fighting Beetles ultimately defeating the Warriors 3-1. Leandro Assumpcao's first half goal was cancelled out by Nawin long range strike before Wasan and Nantawat won the game in extra time for the TPL side.
The semi final line up on October 24 has Army v Chiang Rai Utd and Buriram Utd v Bangkok Glass.

Division 1
PTT Rayong 2-0 JW Rangsit

PTT kept their slim hopes of promotion alive while JW's slim hopes of survival have almost bitten the dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment