Thursday, September 27, 2012

Wednesday Sep 26 Round-up

AFC Cup - Second Leg
Al Shorta SC (4) 2 v 4 (5) Chonburi (AET)

Chonburi staged a fantastic comeback as they edged out Al Shorta 5-4 on aggregate. The Syrians missed a penalty before Pipob and Thiago gave Chonburi a 2-0 half time lead. Al Shorta then converted a second half penalty as the 2-1 scoreline forced the tie to extra time. In the 94th minute the writing looked to be on the wall for the Sharks as Al Shorta scored again, but a Thiago double in the second period of extra time earned the Thai side a memorable victory.
Chonburi will now face Arbil of Iraq in the semi final. The first leg will be played on 2nd October at the Arbil Stadium.

Other quarter finals:
Al Ettifaq (Saudi Arabia) (4) 2-0 (0) Arema Indonesia
Kelantan (Malaysia) (2) 1-1 (6) Arbil (Iraq)
Al Wehdat (Jordan) (0) 0-3 (3) Kuwait SC

Toyota League Cup - Last 4 First Leg
Bangkok Glass 2-3 Buriram Utd
Ratchaburi 1-0 TOT

It was a topsy-turvy game at the Leo Stadium as Buriram United established a 3-2 lead over Bangkok Glass. Strikes from Honda and Jerkovic had the cup holders on easy street but goals from Chatree and Ajayi seemed to have earned the hosts a valuable draw. It wasn't to be as Ekwalla converted a penalty deep into injury time to give the Thunder Castle a 3-2 advantage. The penalty award was harsh which prompted some Glass supporters to bottle the match officials and rival fans at the end of the match.
Ratchaburi took a deserved 1-0 lead over TOT after they enjoyed the better part of possession and chances. Douglas Cardozo's 65th minute strike won it for the Division 1 side. TOT's best effort came in the first half when Paunovic's downward header was knocked onto the bar via Henri Joel.

Police Utd 1-0 Pattaya Utd

Police United moved back out of the relegation zone at the expense of Thai Port with a tight 1-0 victory over Pattaya. The only goal of the game came on the half hour mark from Tana's header.

Division 2 Playoff
Pattani 1-1 R-BEC (Pattani won 5-4 on penalties)

Pattani kept their nerve in the penalty shoot out to claim the twelfth and final spot in the Division 2 champions League. R-BEC's first half lead was cancelled out by Pattani as both sides couldn't be separated after 90 minutes.  Pattani now wait for Saturday's draw to see who they be pitted against in the group stages.

No comments:

Post a Comment