Sunday, September 2, 2012

Thai Port 2-4 Pattaya United

Three goals in the first thirty minutes won the game for Pattaya as they eventually ran out 4-2 winners over a defensively inadequate Thai Port.

The first of the Dolphins three early strikes came on 8 minutes when Rangsarit trundled a free kick under the jumping Thai Port wall past an unsuspecting Wanlop. From where I was positioned, it looked like Rangsarit mishit his free kick although I'm sure he'll claim that he practices placing the ball under the wall regularly in training.

Port had a couple of chances at the other end with Robb forcing Narat into a save, yet it was the guests who doubled their lead on 26 minutes. Good link up play in the midfield was followed up with a precise square pass from Dyachenko to find Keisuke Ogawa on the edge of the box. The Jap's left footed shot found the large gap created by an out of position Wanlop at the left hand post.

Within three minutes it was virtually game set and match as Ludo easily brushed off a beleaguered Termchai to race through on goal to make it 3-0 to Pattaya. That goal was the cue for some of the Klong Toei locals to head for the exits.

The home side had been making chances and they gave themselves a glimmer of daylight shortly before the break when Anusak pulled one back after being set up by a neat move involving Watson and Kiatjareon.

Pattaya wasted a guilt edged chance following another breakaway shortly after the interval and there were no takers for TP as Ruella's low cross raced across the front of the goal.

Just after the hour, it was squeaky bum time for the Dolphins as Thai Port reduced the deficit to one goal. A inswinging cross from Kritsada curled in at the back post past the stationary Narat. I can only assume that the incoming Anusak distracted the big keeper. On watching the replay of the goal, it really has to goal down as a goalkeeping mistake.

After that, Sarawut headed wide and Kritsada's shot hit the side netting as TP pressed for a dramatic equalizer.

The momentum was with the home side, but their comeback was dealt a blow on 73 minutes when Pattaya netted again to effectively end the contest. A slip by Mario da Silva allowed the impressive Dyanchenko to skip past him. The Russian then set up Ludo who neatly sidestepped Kiatjareon before calmly slotting in the bottom corner.

That was it as far as they goalscoring went as Pattaya held out comfortably to claim a valuable three points. Thai Port remain just above the bottom three, but with fixtures against BG (H), Buriram Utd (A) and BEC Tero (A) on the horizon, it's doubtful they'll be in that position for much longer.

Thai Port were managerless for this game and on today's evidence the first thing the new appointment will need to do is to sort out the defence. From a defensive point of view all four goals were preventable. Another thing that's needs to be addressed are the incessant flicks and tricks performed by Port attackers. Ludo and Dyachenko kept it simple for Pattaya and the rewards were greater for the Dolphins despite the fact that they had far less attempts on goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment