Monday, November 25, 2013

Weekend Review 23/24 November

League Cup Final

Ratchaburi 1-2 Buriram Utd

Buriram United came from behind to win the League Cup and hence made another clean sweep of the domestic trophies for the second time in three seasons.
Former Buriram man, Douglas Gardozo, headed Ratchaburi in front in the 10th minute. The Brazilian then turned from hero to villain when he was ordered off two minutes into the second half for elbowing Manuel Redondo in the face. The incident took place in the box and the Dragons were punished further when Osmar tucked his penalty into the bottom corner of the net.
From then on, there was only ever going to be one winner. The winning goal came in the 64th minute after Adisak easily beat his marker before slotting home. The matchwinner's day was slightly spoiled when he was given a second yellow card deep into injury time for needlessly playing on after the referee had whistled to stop the action. It didn't matter and Buriram picked up a handsome cheque for 5M Baht along with the trophy.

Division 2 Playoffs

Group A

Kasetsart 0-1 Roi Et Utd
Luk Esan 1-0 Phitsanulok
Nara Utd 0-0 Prachuap

Roi Et's away win at Kasetsart meant their fans were saying bye-bye to Division 2. Pradya's header from close range was the only goal for Roi Et as their large travelling support finally celebrated their elevation to the first division after their third attempt of negotiating the playoffs.
The shock of the day came at Luk Esan as they finally ended a barren 703 minute run of firing blanks. Vorraseth became the junior Police side's only scorer in the playoffs. It was even more surprising that Luk Esan beat Phitsanulok 1-0 as they played for over an hour of the match with ten men after Wanchalerm was dismissed.
Nara United blew a great chance to close in on Phitsanulok's failure as they were held 0-0 at home by Prachuap.

Group B

Chiang Mai 2-0 Ang Thong
Nakhon Nayok 2-1 Udon Thani
Sukhothai 1-1 Paknampo NSRU

Chiang Mai booked their place in the first division after a 2-0 victory over Ang Thong. A goal from Chatchai in each half won the contest for the Lanna Tigers. Chiang Mai are six points ahead of third placed Ang Thong with two games left to play and their superior H2H over the Rice Warriors ends Chiang Mai's two year stint in the regional leagues.
The draw between Sukhothai and Paknampo NSRU keeps both in the hunt but NSRU will be happier with the point as it leaves them in second place. An unmarked Brruno headed home the opening goal in the 30th minute but Paknampo levelled 12 minutes into the second half with Suphachai's curled shot.
Udon Thani suffered their fifth away defeat losing 2-1 at Nakhon Nayok. Two goals in as many minutes gave the hosts a 2-0 half time lead. Udon did pull one back through Satja but the defeat has left them three points behind second placed NSRU with two games left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment