Monday, November 11, 2013

Buriram Claim FA Cup & Div 2 Round-up

FA Cup Final

Bangkok Glass 1-3 Buriram Utd

Buriram United claimed their third successive FA Cup as they came from behind to beat Bangkok Glass 3-1 at the Thammasart Stadium.
It was a sluggish start from the cup holders and they fell behind in the 17th minute when Chatree's shot from the edge of the box nestled in the bottom corner of the net.
Buriram were level on the half hour when a trip from Teerathep on the edge of the box was punished and Osmar Ibanez netted from the penalty spot.
After the break, Buriram took a stranglehold of the midfield and they went ahead in the 53rd minute when Carmelo Gonzalez headed past Narit in the BG goal.
By this stage Glass were being run ragged at the back and it was game over on the hour when Hirano nodded home Carmelo's cutback.
Buriram comfortably saw the game out as Bangkok Glass finished the final with ten men after Goran Subara was shown a second yellow in the 80th minute.
Buriram now have a two week break before they have the chance to complete the final piece of the domestic treble. Only Ratchaburi stand in their way in the League Cup final. 

Division 2 Playoffs

Group A

Kasetsart 1-0 Phitsanulok
Nara Utd 2-0 Luk Esan
Prachuap 0-1 Roi Et Utd

Results on Saturday opened up Group A. Kasetsart's 1-0 win over Phitsanulok leaves them four points behind second placed Phitsanulok with four to play. Late comers to the university campus would have missed an unmarked Manit netting the only goal of the contest. Kasetsart's Rungrot was the hero of the day as he saved a second half penalty to deny Somlak.
A late double from Njobato Abel earned Nara United a 2-0 win over struggling Luk Esan. That three points moves the Kolaks one point off the promotion spots.
Roi Et won 1-0 at Prachuap to move three points clear of Phitsanoluk at the top. Erivaldo was yet again the match winner for the White Squirrels scoring the only goal of the match at the beginning of the second half.

Group B

Nakhon Nayok 0-1 Ang Thong
Paknampo NSRU 2-1 Udon Thani
Sukhothai 2-2 Chiang Mai

Sukhothai and Chiang Mai fought out a pulsating 2-2 draw yesterday. A long range strike from Sittichai gave the hosts the lead after a quarter of an hour. The Fire Bats held that lead until midway through the second half before two goals in three minutes from Chiang Mai stunned the home support. Sukhothai drew level in the 76th minute when Sirisak headed home after the CM keeper had poorly misjudged a lofted ball into the box. Pornthep received a second yellow card as Chiang Mai finished the match with ten players.
The Lanna Tigers lead was cut to four points at the top after Ang Thong won 1-0 at Nakhon Nayok. Kampheng's 25 yard free kick in the 47th minute was the only goal a dominant Ang Thong could register. The Rice Warriors hit the bar three times and had two goals disallowed.
Paknampo NSRU ended a sticky patch with a 2-1 home victory over Udon Thani. The winning goal came on the hour with Thonwat curling a free kick directly into the net. NSRU and Sukhothai are two points behind Ang Thong.

No comments:

Post a Comment