Monday, November 4, 2013

Sunday 3 November Review



BEC Tero 4-1 Army Utd
Buriram Utd 2-1 TOT
Chiang Rai Utd 4-2 Bangkok Utd
Muangthong Utd 2-2 Chainat
Osotspa Saraburi 1-4 Chonburi
Police Utd 1-2 Pattaya Utd
Samut Songkhram 2-2 Ratchaburi
Sisaket P-P Bangkok Glass
Songkhla Utd 2-1 Suphanburi

Despite winning 2-1 at Police United, it's Pattaya United that will drop to the first division for next season. The 2-2 draw between Samut Songkhram and Ratchaburi moved the pair on to 30 points which is one more than the Dolphins who finished on 29. Two quick goals from Obinna Darlington midway through the first period gave Pattaya a two goal lead before Murcy quickly replied grabbing the Crimson Cops a consolation.
In Samut Songkhram, the Raging Mackerels also took an early 2-0 lead but Ratchaburi fought back with two goals of their own after the interval. Both sides were content with a point each and the last ten minutes resembled the infamous Germany v Austria World Cup tie in 1982.

Buriram finished off the season unbeaten after they beat TOT 2-1. Kai Hirano and Suchao were on target for Buriram while Carmelo Gonzalez was dismissed 20 minutes from time for striking an opponent. Muangthong's 2-2 draw at home to Chainat meant that Buriram finished seven points ahead of their foes. The seven point gap in the final standings gives a more realistic reflection on how easy their title success has been.

Elsewhere there were 4-1 wins for Chonburi and BEC Tero. The Fire Dragons 4-1 win over Army snatched them a top 6 finish as they edged out a dejected Army into seventh.
Songkhla signed off the season beating Suphanburi 2-1 while Chiang Rai United's 4-2 over Bangkok United made it six wins out of seven for caretaker boss Anurak Srikerd. When he arrived, the Fighting Beetles were rock bottom. However, the Glass Rabbits coach guided them to a creditable 11th placed finish and surely the top brass at Chiang Rai should be pulling out all the stops to keep him at the club.

Division 2 Playoffs

(Group B)

Ang Thong 2-2 Nakhon Nayok
Chiang Mai 2-1 Sukhothai
Udon Thani 2-0 Paknampo NSRU

Chiang Mai are running away with Group B after they beat Sukhothai 2-1 yesterday. The Lanna Tigers had to come from behind after Sukhothai had taken a surprise third minute lead. Machuca replied with a thirty yard stunner before Chatchai curled home a second half free kick to move Chiang Mai six points clear at the top of the group.

The rest of the teams are all clustered together with only three points separating the five of them. Second half goals courtesy of Thammawut and Yemi Joseph moved Udon Thani up to six points as they beat Paknampo NSRU 2-0.
Ang Thong staged a late recovery to snatch a point against Nakhon Nayok. With twenty minutes remaining, Nakhon Nayok were 2-0 up but a brace from Kampaeng earned Ang Thong a valuable point. The Rice Warriors are joint second with Sukhothai on seven points while Nakhon Nayok prop up the group with four points.

No comments:

Post a Comment