Monday, September 30, 2013

Sunday 29 September Review


Buriram 2-1 Chonburi
Chiang Rai Utd 2-1 Army Utd
Muangthong Utd 3-1 Suphanburi
Police Utd 1-2 BEC Tero
Songkhla Utd 2-2 Ratchaburi

Buriram capitalized on some slapstick defending to beat Chonburi 2-1. Theerathorn and Carmelo were the benefactors as Chonburi gifted them two goals within four minutes midway through the second half. Thiago headed a consolation in injury time but by then the damage had been done.

Muangthong United maintained their faint championship bid with a 3-1 win over Suphanburi. Chainarong scored from close range in the 19th minute but the lead was cancelled out as Boskovic equalized from the spot. Teerasil set up Mario midway through the second half to restore the lead and the Thai striker then laid one on for Sarawut to give the Kirins a 3-1 victory.

Army United players and fans were left fuming after a host of questionable decisions by the match officials in their 2-1 defeat at Chiang Rai United. It all started so brightly when Aron da Silva's deflected shot gave Army a 16th minute lead. CRU were given a soft penalty before the break but it was saved by Todsaporn. Choklap levelled in the 72nd minute before Army had a goal chalked off for offside ten minutes afterwards. Chiang Rai's winning goal had a slice of luck to it three minutes later when a mishit attempt landed kindly for Narul to tap in. Army protested that it was offside but having watched the replay half a dozen times, I'd say the officials called it correctly. Tanakorn was sent off in injury time for stamping on his opponent. The win for the Fighting Beetles moves them to within three points of TOT, Pattaya, Samut Songkhram and Ratchaburi.

The Dragons took the lead twice through Douglas at Songkhla but they were pegged back on both occasions with Darko scoring a free kick and Manop scrambling a goal in the dying minutes.

The game at the Thammasart came to life late on when Issac Honey fired home with 12 minutes left. That lead was doubled on the stroke of full time when Rangsan netted a penalty kick after Tero were awarded a ridiculously soft penalty. Pedrinho pulled one back seconds later to reduce the deficit to 2-1.

Division 1

BBCU 0-2 Air Force
Rayong Utd 1-2 Ayutthaya
Saraburi 1-3 Trat
Sriracha 0-0 Nakhon Pathom Utd

A Kouassi Yao Hermann double at BBCU has Air Force on the brink of returning to the top flight. The Airmen are five points clear of  PTT Rayong in second position and seven in front of fourth placed Bangkok FC

At the bottom, Rayong United are as good as relegated after they lost 2-1 in a rain soaked contest to Ayutthaya. Durosinmi gave the Ancient Warriors the lead in the 54th minute before an own goal three minutes later made it 2-0. Rayong United did grab a late goal but the loss leaves them eight points from safety with four left to play.

In the other matches, Trat won 3-1 at Saraburi while it finished goalless between Sriracha and Nakhon Pathom United.


  1. Match Day 31 can be the climatic week for the Yamaha League One with the game of the week on Saturday Bangkok vs. Singhtarua at BangMod Stadium.
    A results in the game other than a draw would mean that Air Force United would have virtual clinch promotion with a win on Sunday.

    Planning to attend both games this week.

  2. A win for Singh Tarua would virtually finish off Bangkok FC. I just hope that the game isn't decided by a refereeing error and that both sets of fans can behave themselves.