Saturday, June 1, 2013

Singh Tarua 2-0 Bangkok FC

Singh Tarua got back to winning ways as they deservedly beat Bangkok FC 2-0 at the PAT Stadium.

The game was played at a lively tempo and at times it got rather intense with the bulky Meedech making himself the enemy of the Khlong Toei Army.

Apart from a Lee Tuck chance that the Englishman failed to connect to from inside the box, it was Singh Tarua who had the best opportunities in the first half.

A Todsapol header hit the woodwork following a corner while Mathias Christen twice had decent chances to open the scoring. His first was a shot that trickled wide after he'd turned well in the box, and his second was a header across the face of the goal. Leandro almost scored with a free kick in injury time, but Jean Marc Beyeme tipped his strike over the bar.

The initial stages of the second half were rather quiet by comparison, but the breakthrough goal came in the 67th minute.

Pavarit crossed from the left for Leandro to head home.The Brazilan's header hit the underside of the crossbar and bounced over the line and back out. However, the linesman was on the spot to correctly awarded the goal

On 78 minutes the game was wrapped up when Teerawut scored a rare goal. The Iron Bulls failed to properly clear the danger and Ali Diarra released Teerawut to win the game.

Lee Tuck and Anon forced Watchara into a couple of late saves as Tarua held out comfortably for the win.

The 2-0 victory moves Singh Tarua to within one point of Bangkok FC. The Bulligans will be disappointed that their attacking play wasn't at their finest today. Despite the clean sheet, the home side's back 4 and goalkeeper still look like there is always a mistake waiting to happen. Nonetheless, Singh Tarua showed that with a couple of suitable additions in the forthcoming transfer window, they'll be firmly in the promotion mix come the end of the season.

Man of the Match: Ali Diarra - A vital cog in the Tarua engine room

Kick off

Streamers on the Pitch

No comments:

Post a Comment